Thank you for choosing a local provider! Our acceptable use policy has been designed to protect our network, customers, and the broader community from inappropriate, illegal, or otherwise objectionable activities.
We recommend reading this policy prior to accessing our internet service, as well as familiarizing yourself with our Terms of Service and other policies. Our policies, including the acceptable use policy described below, will be updated periodically.
By using our service, you agree to the terms of this policy. All other users of your service must also agree. We require all Aristata customers to comply with this acceptable use policy. Furthermore, we reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate service if policy terms are violated.
If you do not agree to these terms, please contact customer care at 719.937.7700 option 1 (one) to cancel your service.
Please note that in addition to the policies listed below, you are solely responsible for any information transmitted from your account. You may be held responsible for any misuse occurring through your account or IP address, even if the misuse was inadvertent.
To that end, you are also responsible for taking security precautions to protect against internet threats such as viruses, spam, Trojan botnets, and other malicious intrusions.
We recommend all customers take precautions to prevent others from gaining unauthorized access and suggest all subscribers to password-protect their Wi-Fi connection.
Aristata’s Internet service may not be used in a manner that violates local, state, federal or international laws, orders, or regulations.
Additionally, the service may not be used to:
- Harm minors, including hosting, possessing, distributing, or transmitting child pornography or other unlawful material.
- Facilitate pyramid schemes or other illegal solicitation scams.
- Take part in any fraudulent activities, including impersonating another person or entity or forging another’s signature.
- Stalk, harass, invade privacy, or otherwise violate the rights of others.
- Collect or store personal data about other users.
- Send unsolicited bulk commercial email.
- Violate intellectual property rights.
- Connect unauthorized third-party routing devices.
- Please note that third-party routers may be unable to access the Aristata network until the router can be authorized or authenticated after first connecting. This may result in being redirected to our walled garden. If you want to add a router to the Aristata network, please contact technical support at 719.937.7700 option 3.
- Distribute content that is illegal, threatening, abusive, libelous, slanderous, defamatory, promotes violence, or is otherwise deemed objectionable.
- Interfere with other’s ability to use their internet service, including the intentional distribution of viruses, worms, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, and other items of a destructive or deceptive nature.
- Disrupt service in any manner, including denial of service attacks, network flooding, or attempts to crash a host.
- Otherwise degrade the quality of service or impede Aristata’s network.
- Gain unauthorized access to another person’s computer, software, or data.
- Use or distribute tools for compromising security, such as password guessing programs, cracking tools, packet sniffers, or network probing tools.
- Modify equipment connected to Aristata’s network to commit theft of the service. We may notify law enforcement if any such theft or fraud occurs.
- Make your services available to anyone outside the property to which the internet is delivered, except with the explicit permission of Aristata. Exceptions include authorized repeater sites.
- Resell or redistribute the service to a third party.
- Modify the MAC address of any router connected to the Aristata network.
- Use an IP address not assigned to you by Aristata.
- Access or use the Service with an IP address other than the dynamic Internet Protocol (“IP”) address assigned to you which adheres to dynamic host configuration protocol (“DHCP”) or a static IP address issued by the Company, is not allowable.
- Reference Aristata in an unsolicited email or list an Aristata network IP address in an unsolicited email.
- Imply that Aristata is the sponsor of any unsolicited email even if that email is not sent through the Aristata network.
- Forge, alter, or otherwise tamper with Aristata communications for malicious purposes.
- Violate any other Aristata policy or guideline.
For any questions regarding this policy, violation complaints or cancellation notices, please contact Aristata Customer Care at Billing@AristataCommunications.com or call 719.937.7700 option 1 (one).